Monday, April 8, 2013

Long over due...

OH BOY!!! Where has the time gone!!! Since some kind of update that my husband did on our computer enabled me to upload pictures, we finally got a card reader and I have 200 pictures now I can blog with. Good Grief!!! It is going to take forever so here I go...let's sum up the last 5 months of the Hughes Family's life.


Where did I leave off?? OMG!!! Christmas!!

So it has become the Hughes tradition at Christmas time that we make sack lunches and feed the homeless.  This is our 4th year doing it and we just love to do this.  This year I decided that it would be so great to get Madisyn's 4th grade class involved.  They are at the age, that this would be so great for them to give rather than receive.  I have to tell you, they "Boo'd" it when I presented the idea to them but once we started collecting everything, they really got into it.  I made cookies and apple cider for them, so it was some what of a party. 
We had stations set up. Madisyn started off at the sandwich making station.

All the kids decorated their bags and included some special notes.  It was so nice to see.

I think we were able to make 75 lunches. The kids did such a great job!!


 
Then our annual Ugly Sweater Party.... oh boy that was a hit!! So much work between food preparation and Jeopardy but so worth it!










No comments:

Post a Comment