Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Aloha from Maui!

I cannot believe how fast this summer has gone by.  We have been anticipating this trip to Maui for 6 months.  Craig and I just went last August for our anniversary and the girls were bummed they couldn't go.  We never imagined that we would be back 11 months later with kids in tow.  Not to mention some cousins, aunts and uncles too.  It was truely a fabulous vacation.  We couldn't have asked for better kids on this trip. (As Craig said, "they better be good they are in Maui!") But seriously, swimming all day in the pool, ocean and late night dinners, never a complaint!

We started our trip in San Diego. Because our flight left so early, we stayed the night down there.
This was the first on the list for the girls at the Westin.  The waterslide!! Emilie was NOT happy she came down backwards!
Madisyn must have went down the slide 50 times the whole week!

This was actually first on our list. Stephanie (my cousin) took the shuttle into Lahiana to get some important things at safeway. The list consist of Kettleone, beer, eggs, milk bread and donuts. :) The Blau's had a condo next door to the Westin so we ate breakfast over there!
 Madisyn and her cousins took surfing lessons.  She was so cute.  One of the instructors came up to me and asked if she was my daughter. I hesitated because I didn't know if she had done or said something.  When I told him yes, he said, "dude she is cute!" Because she was so cute she didn't have to drag her board down the beach to the waves.  He did it for her!! (that is our cousin Justin, in the red shorts behind her!)
 

He sent her off and she did it! She was up for a minute then fell. When she got up, she had the biggest grin on her face.






Madisyn learned to "charge to the room" on this vacation.  She of course asked everytime she did it.  The room charges are so funny, ice cream and shaved ice!!  Ok, so it looks like I am taking a picture of this random guy holding his butt cheeks.  I don't know him just so you know! Madisyn is on the left. ;)
And they did it so well!!! :)
This picture just kills me!!! Emilie is actually signing her name on the room charge slip.  Poor baby, kept getting out of line to come and ask, "what was the number again?" We repeated it maybe 3 times...then she finally got her ice cream.  We never saw them sign anything but just givet he room number and last name.  The ladies behind the counter were laughing!!

 Love these 3 soo much!!






 Happy Birthday my sweetgirl!!

We decorated the hotel room after the girls went to sleep. Emilie woke up and told me that I was the best mama ever!! (your damn right!! LOL!!! just kidding!)
Auntie & Uncle Don bought her a Hello Kitty watch! The Blau's got her some Crayola Explosions that she was so excited to get.  We got her the little girl that swims and giess what?? She really does swim.  People around the pool were cracking up!!


This is how Emilie headed to the beach everyday. She can swim but the inner tube helped her ride the waves!!


 Emilie's birthday dinner

 oh yummy! Birthday Hula pie!!
The girls fed the fish and flamingos almost every morning at the hotel! 

Emilie and I snorkeling.

This is the boat we took out to snorkel




My family :)


Emilie is all set to go!!

 



Madisyn playing with the camera under water!



Yep! The kids even parasailed!

Craig strapped the GoPro to Madisyn's head. I have to say, it was pretty cool to watch the video and hear their conversation which included what would happen if they spit from that far up!! :)

It was super fun to paddleboard. Towards the end, the girls swam out with Uncle Don to get on and take a cruise.
It was a little harder for some :) She got up though!!!






Mahalo Maui! It sure was fun! We can't wait to go back again!  It isn't often you can go hang out for a week with some of your closest family members!!!

3 comments:

  1. aww these pictures are so awesome!!! next time you're bringing meeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! The pictures tell it all. I can't wait to get my girls there. I was cracking up at Emilie signing her room charge bill. Great footprint pic at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get my girls there. I love that Emilie signed for the room charge bill. The picture of footprints at the end is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete